EDIT (6/10/17): Some of the information in this post might be inaccurate as of today, as the pricing and some product details have changed e.g. stepped pricing for Team edition. Please refer to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/pricing for up-to-date information on pricing and product features.
I was reading through the new Dynamics 365 Licensing details, and I thought I will share what I learnt about the changes in Dynamics 365 licensing model compared to CRMOnline. Below is a the summary of my understanding.
- These are four licence types: Enterprise Edition Plan 2, Enterprise Edition Plan 1, Plan 1 Applications, Enterprise Team Members and Operations Application.
- Enterprise Edition Plan 2 is the most expensive (and with most number of features) and Enterprise Team members is the least expensive (and least number of features).
- Enterprise Edition Plan 2 includes everything. There is no tiered pricing, but Plan 2 users are counted towards Plan 1 tiered pricing.
- Enterprise Edition licensing includes dual use rights i.e. you are licensed to use both online and on-premise edition of Dynamics 365. However, you need be on CRM2013 or higher to use the on-premise license.
- There is no minimum seat requirement for Enterprise Edition Plan 1 and Plan 1 Applications.
- There is a 20 user minimum requirement for Enterprise Edition Plan 2 and Operations Application.
- Enterprise Edition Plan 1 includes a non-production instance. No minimum user condition (unlike the current CRMOnline, which has 25 user minimum).
- Operations Application includes 2 sandbox instances.
- Enterprise Edition Plan 1, Plan 1 Applications and Enterprise Team Members includes Portal (AdxStudio).
This is the new pricing model
I have developed an Excel sheet to calculate the pricing for various license types. You view/download the Excel file from https://1drv.ms/x/s!APzjERKFC6gOtzw
Please let me know if there are any errors.
- Introduction to Dynamics 365 Licensing
- Pricing and Licensing updated (PPTX) -> This file is no longer available for download
- Pricing and Licensing FAQ (PDF) -> This file is no longer available for download