I was reading through the new Dynamics 365 Licensing details, and I thought I will share what I learnt about the changes in Dynamics 365 licensing model compared to CRMOnline. Below is a the summary of my understanding.
- These are four licence types: Enterprise Edition Plan 2, Enterprise Edition Plan 1, Plan 1 Applications, Enterprise Team Members and Operations Application.
- Enterprise Edition Plan 2 is the most expensive (and with most number of features) and Enterprise Team members is the least expensive (and least number of features).
- Enterprise Edition Plan 2 includes everything. There is no tiered pricing, but Plan 2 users are counted towards Plan 1 tiered pricing.
- Enterprise Edition licensing includes dual use rights i.e. you are licensed to use both online and on-premise edition of Dynamics 365. However, you need be on CRM2013 or higher to use the on-premise license.
- There is no minimum seat requirement for Enterprise Edition Plan 1 and Plan 1 Applications.
- There is a 20 user minimum requirement for Enterprise Edition Plan 2 and Operations Application.
- Enterprise Edition Plan 1 includes a non-production instance. No minimum user condition (unlike the current CRMOnline, which has 25 user minimum).
- Operations Application includes 2 sandbox instances.
- Enterprise Edition Plan 1, Plan 1 Applications and Enterprise Team Members includes Portal (AdxStudio).
This is the new pricing model
I have developed an Excel sheet to calculate the pricing for various license types. You view/download the Excel file from https://1drv.ms/x/s!APzjERKFC6gOtzw
Please let me know if there are any errors.